May 16, 2012

Summer Plans

Being seventeen I should probably work this summer to add some greatly needed money into my bank account to fund my ebay excursions. Being lazy, I decided not to. I am going to Mexico and camp and I just have so many plans for lazy days spent reading and writing.

Summer is too fantastic to spend working.

But I wanted to volunteer somewhere once or twice a week to have something to dress up for. One thing I have learned about life thus far is that one must always have some sort of engagements to dress up for. It adds a definite richness to life.

Despite my blabbering, I am volunteering with my town's historical society. Being a member of the local DAR definitely helped my chances in securing volunteer work. Yay relatives! Broken leg aside, I am giving tours at two of my town's local historical houses. The Phelps-Hathaway house has always been my favorite. It's huge and gorgeous and perfect.


I will also be working at the King House. It's slightly older, and far more creepy inside. I refuse to go in the children's room alone. It's filled with these awful dolls.


So I've been thinking. Many of the older retirees that volunteer at these places dress up. I have always loved historical costuming but sadly enough I cannot sew. My great and talented Grandmother is going to make me a fantastic late eighteenth century outfit to wear while giving tours, a la Colonial Williamsburg. 

But what would really make my life forever is winning these shoes to go with my outfit. They are the new Ivory Kensingtons available from fellow blogger, American Duchess. I absolutely need them. NEED THEM. Thankfully American Duchess is giving away a pair of the Kensingtons or a pair of her Pompadour French Court Shoes. You should enter as well!



or...

xoxo
Kelly