May 27, 2012

Prom Circa 1959

Prom was Friday night! It was amazing!

I got my hair done, which was something I did not plan. I originally was going to style my own hair like Betty Draper (see this post) but I changed my mind and wanted a French Chignon style instead. My hairdresser is the BEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

I took pictures at various houses and then headed to the venue. It was okay. I'm not really one for the tacky overdone "elegance" of average prom venues. Which is why I'm on prom committee for next year, to ensure the least amount of tacky-ness possible. I mean who really needs an ice sculpture. Who?

But anyway, the food was eh. The opening appetizer was fruit with sorbet, but it was hot as hell and the sorbet instantly melted and none of us had spoons (?????) so that was annoying. The meal was chicken with potatoes and green beans and it was delicious but way undercooked. The dessert was crap cookies.

Music was as expected. Too little Frank Sinatra and too much T-Pain. In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

But anyways, on to the outfit!





50s prom dress with matching bolero: Twila Jean Vintage
Fake pearl earrings: H&M
Bow in my hair: Target

On the broken leg front, as you can see from the pictures I just balanced on my right foot and slipped the shoe onto the leg that was broken. Dedication. For the actual dance I wore the boot, but there is little to no photographic evidence. Fantastic!


xoxo,
Kelly