Oct 20, 2012

They're Coming to Get You Barbara!

I love to act. I think this is prevalent in a lot of my posts/my overall tone of DRAMA AND THE USE OF CAPITALIZATIONS.

I am lucky enough to be involved in a fantastic drama club with a fantastic drama teacher. I've been in a lot of productions since I started in the sixth grade.

I was some sort of singer in a little known play called Lagooned. An Ooompa Loompa in Willy Wonka in the Chocolate Factory  (this was a source of a lot of distress for me but it gets better) then I got my BIG BREAK as the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. These were all middle school productions.

Then I moved on up to the high school. Freshman year I got a huge part in another fairly unknown mystery called Bone Chiller. I was Zita von Zock, a crazy gypsy. This took little to no acting on my part, as I am a crazy gypsy in my every day life. Then I was the 1st witch in Macbeth, my favorite role of all time. Later that year, I decided to challenge myself and audition for a musical even though I absolutely hate to sing. I was casted as the lead! Yay! I was Sally Brown in the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. It was so stressful but really fun. Since then I've been the Ghost of Christmas Present in A Christmas Carol, and Queen Aggravain in Once Upon A Mattress.

Did I already say I love to act?

Well, this year's fall production is NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

YES YOU READ RIGHT. IT'S NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

And yay I was casted at the lead, Barbara who is a hysterical loony. Aren't we all though? Sadly enough, the play is set in the 60s but my director changed it to modern day. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. I still have found wonderful fashion inspiration from Barbara in the original 1968 film. Which you can watch in full for free right on Youtube.


Even though Barbara wears one outfit throughout the entire film. Her hair, her coat and her dress are absolutely swoon worthy. 


Look at that sleeveless dress with the tie. So mod I could die. This has been rhyming with Kelly. 



THE COAT WITH THE HAIR AND THE HEADBAND I CANNOT. I have a coat just like this and I have been blow drying my hair so it flips up like this and oy vay it's too perfect.


The coat and the facial expressions are just priceless! What's your favorite classic horror movie? Are you involved in drama club?